Additionally, prospective candidates will provide support in the analysis, evaluation, interpretation, and management of Workforce Development data. Specifically, prospective candidates will identify critical metrics and make recommendations on what data to collect, develop customized databases and spreadsheets that match the requirements/needs communicated by staff and stakeholders, assist with the department’s data integrity efforts, prepare performance reports/dashboards to serve as summary information for staff and stakeholders to make informed decisions.
Also, this position is responsible for functioning as the backup System Administrator for multiple applications utilized by staff and various stakeholders. Also, prospective candidates will provide technical assistance/help desk support to system/application users and ensure that all system users sign all required information security documents on an annual basis.
Finally, prospective candidates should be comfortable with reporting on a wide range of topics and have the ability to collaborate on various projects with multiple departments within the agency and partner agency groups.
- Exceptional computer skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and people skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organized and ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting or team environment
- High attention to detail and adherence to strict deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new situations and become familiar with various formats of data presentation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or comparable work experience.
- 5 years of related work experience
- 5 years or more of ASP.NET/MVC development work experience
- 5 years or more of user interface design experience
- 5 years of more of experience with relational databases like SQL Server
- Experience with data mining and analytics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with managing large volumes of structured and structured data
Value-Added Preferred Experience:
- Experience with Laserfiche document management software is a plus.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG. The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.