Date Posted: 10/21/16
Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. HGAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. HGAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
H-GAC’s Human Resources Department has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for administering all status changes for employees ensuring accuracy and updating data when applicable and necessary. The selected candidate will interact with employees and third party vendors in the administration of all HR service delivery areas. Setting up trainings and meetings, sending agency-wide communication and coordinating and planning agency-wide events will be an integral part of this job. The incumbent will also provide administrative support for the HR department.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- An Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Organization Development or a related field of study.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education.
- Three (3) years of experience in reconciling benefits, vendor invoices, employee leaves of absence and providing quality assurance and quality control of all Human Resources services and record keeping.
- Other skills needed include advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications and exposure to various HR databases and vendor employer portal websites
Preferred qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organization Development or a related field of study
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in all Human Resources areas to include Benefits Administration, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations and HRIS.
- SHRMP-CP or PHR certified
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.